TEL AVIV, Israel, May 21, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Alvarion® Ltd. (Nasdaq:ALVR), a global provider of optimized wireless broadband solutions addressing the connectivity, coverage and capacity challenges of public and private networks, today announced that TigoBusiness Nicaragua has chosen the company's carrier-grade Wi-Fi solution as its platform for Wi-Fi networks. To date, TigoBusiness has deployed several Wi-Fi networks using the Alvarion solution to deliver a range of services throughout the country. "We searched for a solution that would allow us to cost-effectively connect a large number of users with a minimal number of access points. We tested a number of different vendors before we chose to use Alvarion as the platform for our Wi-Fi network solution," said Nestor Martinez, Business Unit Manager, TigoBusiness Nicaragua. "Alvarion's solution proved to be robust and provided the necessary performance in terms of speed, coverage and security as well as the QoS to support video and other applications. In addition, the solution is cost effective and scalable as we expect the networks we deploy to rapidly grow." To complement its fixed network and other services, TigoBusiness Nicaragua is using Alvarion's carrier-grade Wi-Fi base stations to offer customers an end-to-end Wi-Fi solution. TigoBusiness is targeting various sectors, including –
- Universities and schools: cross campus Wi-Fi, facilitating new e-learning programs, video streaming and content sharing, fostering better teaching and learning experience for students and staff.
- Retail stores: enabling a new shopping experience, efficient store management and video security over Wi-Fi.
- Enterprise and government: managed Wi-Fi networks, supporting secured access for employees and visitors with Bring-Your-Own-Device (BYOD) hand-held devices, improving collaboration and efficiency, and facilitating Cloud services (provided by TigoBusiness as well).
- Logistical and distribution centers: utilizing the Wi-Fi network to enable the use of warehousing applications for more efficient inventory control and management.
- Industry: utilizing the Wi-Fi network to manage industrial processing controls across the manufacturing line in the food industry (including, peanuts, sugar and beer).
- Metro Hot Zones: public Wi-Fi access in crowded locations to serve residents, local businesses and tourists, promoting economic development.
CONTACT: Investor Contacts: Avi Stern, CFO +972.3.767.4333 firstname.lastname@example.org Elana Holzman, VP IR +972.3.645.7892 email@example.com Press Contacts: In the U.S.: John Conrad +1.703.390.1538 firstname.lastname@example.org