Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model Axiall ( AXLL) pushed the Chemicals industry lower today making it today's featured Chemicals laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.3%. By the end of trading, Axiall fell $1.50 (-3.0%) to $48.29 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,830,875 shares of Axiall exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,574,700 shares. The stock ranged in price between $47.76-$49.86 after having opened the day at $49.40 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $49.79. Other companies within the Chemicals industry that declined today were: Taminco ( TAM), down 4.3%, Metabolix ( MBLX), down 3.0%, Balchem Corporation ( BCPC), down 2.8% and Valhi ( VHI), down 2.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protege, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Axiall Ratings Report.
- Use our chemicals section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.