Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model. NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Chipmos Technologies Bermuda (Nasdaq: IMOS) has been upgraded by TheStreet Ratings from hold to buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, compelling growth in net income, attractive valuation levels, good cash flow from operations and impressive record of earnings per share growth. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- The strong earnings growth this company has enjoyed -- up -- has apparently played a role in driving up its share price by a solid 27.95%. In addition, the rise in the general market has likely contributed to this stock's strong performance during this past year.Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, IMOS should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry. The net income increased by 306.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$5.90 million to $12.20 million.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $48.40 million or 33.70% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 7.29%.
- CHIPMOS TECHNOLOGIES LTD reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. During the past fiscal year, CHIPMOS TECHNOLOGIES LTD turned its bottom line around by earning $0.85 versus -$0.02 in the prior year.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff