2. -- The economic calendar in the U.S. Monday is bare.
3. -- U.S. stocks on Friday closed higher after a consumer confidence gauge reached a post-crisis high and an upbeat report on U.S. economic activity bolstered the outlook for the world's largest economy. The S&P 500 gained 1% to 1,667.47.
4. -- Yahoo!'s ( YHOO) board unanimously approved a deal to purchase Tumblr for $1.1 billion, according to multiple reports. An announcement from Yahoo! could come as early as Monday, reported The Wall Street Journal and the Web site AllThingsD.com. As part of the deal, Tumblr CEO David Karp would stay with Yahoo! for a least four years and would continue to run Tumblr with a certain amount of autonomy.
5. -- Chesapeake Energy ( CHK) tapped Robert Douglas Lawler, senior vice president of international and deep-water operations at Anadarko Petroleum ( APC), as CEO, the Journal reported. Lawler replaces Aubrey McClendon , who left the company April 1 under pressure from the natural-gas producers largest shareholders.
6. -- United Airlines ( UAL) will resume flights of the Boeing ( BA) 787 Dreamliner on Monday. The world's largest airline said it has scheduled 787 flights from Houston to other domestic hubs starting Monday. International service will restart June 10 with a Denver-Tokyo flight.
7. -- Accenture ( ACN), the consulting company, said it would acquire Acquity Group ( AQ) for $316 million in cash, or $13 per American depositary share. Shares of Hong Kong-based Acquity closed Friday at $5.96. Acquity provides e-commerce and online marketing solutions for clients' brands and platforms.
8. -- Campbell Soup ( CPB) is expected by analysts to report on Monday fiscal third-quarter earnings of 56 cents a share on revenue of $2.05 billion.
10. -- "Star Trek: Into Darkness" took in $70.6 million in its domestic launch over the weekend but fell short of its predecessor, 2009's "Star Trek," which opened with $75.2 million.
-- Written by Joseph Woelfel >To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.