Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model Legg Mason ( LM) pushed the Financial sector higher today making it today's featured financial winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.1%. By the end of trading, Legg Mason rose $0.42 (1.2%) to $35.28 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,297,472 shares of Legg Mason exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,576,700 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $34.76-$35.55 after having opened the day at $34.82 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $34.86. Other companies within the Financial sector that increased today were: Vestin Realty Mortgage I ( VRTA), up 18.4%, National Bank of Greece ( NBG), up 18.3%, Roberts Realty Investors ( RPI), up 15.4% and Vestin Realty Mortgage II ( VRTB), up 15.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protege, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Legg Mason Ratings Report.
- Use our financial section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.