- YouTube now has channels you can pay for.
- Google Wallet has been integrated with Gmail and has turned into something like Western Union (WU), with money sent as email attachments.
- Google Plus is going after Facebook (FB), complete with an app similar to Facebook Home , now available on iTunes.
- Google Play Music is now a $10/month streaming service competing with Spotify, and daring Apple (AAPL) to respond.
- Google Play Games is now aiming to become a full gaming platform like Valve's Steam.
- Google Apps is now going directly at Microsoft (MSFT) Office in the office applications race, with the City of Boston and Canada's CBC Broadcasting as early wins.
- Google Compute Engine is going after Amazon.com (AMZN) in the public cloud space.
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- After years of success in giving stuff away while building the most cost-effective Internet infrastructure the world has ever seen, Google ( GOOG) has decided its future lies in getting people to pay for stuff. What could possibly go wrong? Google I/O, which started out as a developers' conference, turned into a sales meeting this week as the company introduced more ways for people to part with their money: