Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model Green Mountain Coffee Roasters ( GMCR) pushed the Food & Beverage industry higher today making it today's featured food & beverage winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.1%. By the end of trading, Green Mountain Coffee Roasters rose $1.19 (1.5%) to $79.58 on average volume. Throughout the day, 4,252,402 shares of Green Mountain Coffee Roasters exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,562,700 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $77.65-$79.98 after having opened the day at $78.03 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $78.39. Other companies within the Food & Beverage industry that increased today were: China Marine Food Group ( CMFO), up 31.6%, Overhill Farms ( OFI), up 13.8%, Bridgford Foods Corporation ( BRID), up 8.1% and Castle Brands Incorporated ( ROX), up 7.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protege, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Ratings Report.
- Use our food & beverage section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.