Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model Eli Lilly and Company ( LLY) pushed the Drugs industry higher today making it today's featured drugs winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.3%. By the end of trading, Eli Lilly and Company rose $0.85 (1.5%) to $56.72 on average volume. Throughout the day, 5,290,695 shares of Eli Lilly and Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5,159,000 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $55.92-$57.10 after having opened the day at $56.10 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $55.87. Other companies within the Drugs industry that increased today were: Apricus Biosciences ( APRI), up 19.1%, Insmed ( INSM), up 16.4%, Rosetta Genomics ( ROSG), up 15.7% and Optimer Pharmaceuticals ( OPTR), up 13.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protege, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Eli Lilly and Company Ratings Report.
- Use our drugs section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.