TEMPE, Ariz., May 14, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Limelight Networks (Nasdaq:LLNW), a leader in digital presence management, today announced the next generation of its award-winning Limelight Orchestrate™ ("Orchestrate") Digital Presence Platform. Orchestrate V2.0 offers new and enhanced capabilities designed to help organizations better engage digital audiences. The release includes a broad range of innovations that assist Limelight customers in leveraging video, rich media, web, and social content to create consistent and compelling digital experiences across channels, devices, and geographies. "Whether their goal is driving revenue, increasing consumption, or influencing opinions; organizations today increasingly recognize the value of delivering an excellent digital experience," stated Robert Lento, Limelight CEO. "The Orchestrate Platform is the first digital presence platform to be fully integrated with a massively provisioned global network to ensure optimal user experience anywhere in the world." "The Orchestrate platform offers customers the ability to leverage the power of video without compromising the essential insight necessary to deliver a personalized, optimized experience for their audience across all digital touch points," said Scott Liewehr, president of Digital Clarity Group. "This is a very compelling value proposition and a unique offering in the market today." "We now know that rich media more quickly engages digital audiences," Lento continued. "Orchestrate, coupled with Limelight's extensive experience in video management and delivery, enables our customers to quickly add rich media content to their digital presence – short-circuiting the time to audience engagement and increasing the value of the digital relationship." Democratizing Digital Presence Management: Introducing the Limelight Digital Presence Platform Architecture The Orchestrate Platform today offers a set of services designed to enable organizations of all types and sizes to reach a level of digital presence maturity that only the largest and most sophisticated digital marketing organizations could achieve in the past. By taking an architectural approach and creating an integrated, yet flexible and extensible platform, Limelight offers every organization the opportunity to generate revenue, drive content consumption, and create affinity, loyalty, and advocacy by developing long lasting relationships with their digital audiences. An extensive white paper describing the need for an effective digital presence, and documenting the Orchestrate Digital Presence Architecture is available at www.limelight.com/DP2A. "As an international company, Nintendo of Europe touches customers in 22 countries, through a variety of consoles and games. To inform and update our customers, we need a powerful set of tools to deliver a consistent and consistently superior experience on our websites," said Enis Sari, manager online service team, European Online & CRM, Nintendo Europe. "When Nintendo began evaluating potential solutions, we chose the Limelight Orchestrate platform. Our goal is closely aligned with the Limelight vision -- by integrating video with content delivery, Orchestrate 2.0 provides a seamless experience for our customers. This is exactly what we need to stay competitive long term."
Orchestrate ServicesOrchestrate Services, whether purchased separately or as integrated solutions, leverage Limelight's massively provisioned, highly scalable, high performance global network. Additionally, Orchestrate provides built-in rating and commenting capabilities unified across video and other digital content, providing a centralized system to evaluate audience engagement levels, enabling better decision-making, more dynamic presentation, and improved ROI. Orchestrate Services available today: Orchestrate Content Management is a cloud-based SaaS solution for creating, publishing, and managing content for global audiences. Orchestrate Video is a platform for distribution of online video to media devices everywhere. Orchestrate Performance combines browser and network level technologies to speed delivery across devices, from the cloud to users worldwide. It scales to changing traffic patterns – allowing customers to respond to sudden spikes in traffic without additional infrastructure. Orchestrate Content Delivery is a massively provisioned global network that combines services, architecture, and infrastructure to move content from cloud to customer. Orchestrate Cloud Storage is a policy-based storage service with more than 30 ingest points around the globe. Configurable policies allow customers to set business rules for global upload, transformation, placement, availability, and delivery of content. Orchestrate Insight provides end-to-end insight of the online behavior of digital audiences. Customers can quickly analyze data from all online channels and data sources, leveraging high-performance, real-time analytics. Details of Today's Announcement Today, Limelight is announcing specific Orchestrate V2.0 enhancements that dramatically improve the user experience including: Better Integration
- Industry-first integration of Video, Content Delivery and Cloud Storage in one platform, from one vendor, makes concepts like TV Everywhere, live to mobile, and multi-screen content delivery easy.
- Integration of Content Management with Video offers a unified solution across all content types.
- Expansive API library and developer tools offer faster testing and deployment of integrations with existing CMS, CDN, advertising, and marketing automation platforms.
- One-click automated SEO tagging ensures users more easily find your valuable content.
- 'Zero-time-to-publish' in Orchestrate Video enables playback immediately after a file has uploaded. This means breaking news or announcements can be communicated almost instantaneously. Available Q3 2013.
- Enhanced live stream functionality provides unmatched management and performance for large, global, live stream events, including live-to-mobile.
- Storage and replication of digital content around the globe, via an integrated cloud storage infrastructure, results in consistently faster rich media delivery on any device.
- Orchestrate Video implemented with Google's Widevine multiplatform DRM provides additional protection for playback of video on devices. Limelight is a Widevine certified implementation partner (CWIP). Available Q3 2013.
- Easily accommodates mobile devices by publishing a single stream that is automatically formatted for playback on any platform.
- The video dashboard UI is available in Japanese, Brazilian Portuguese, Korean, French, and Spanish.
- Customized policies control access and delivery of content around the globe, including geo-blocking.
- Detailed user access data, geographic location, and connection type result in better personalization of content delivery and security features.
- Provides real-time and historical analysis for live events by region, format, bitrate, total viewers, peak concurrent viewers, and average minutes viewed per viewer.
Enhancing an Award-Winning, World Class PlatformRecognized for having one of the most advanced digital presence management and delivery platforms in the world, Orchestrate extends Limelight's leadership in the digital space. Named a Strong Performer in The Forrester Wave™: Online Video Platforms Q1 2013 Forrester Wave Report, a Frost & Sullivan 2012 Global Product Line Strategy award winner Frost OVP Award, and a 2013 Webby Award Honoree Webby Award, Limelight has built a reputation for enabling its customers to deliver a truly differentiated audience experience. To learn more about digital presence, and better understand how Limelight can help organizations better engage digital audiences please visit www.limelight.com. About Limelight Limelight Networks, Inc. (Nasdaq:LLNW) is a global leader in Digital Presence Management. The Limelight Orchestrate™ Digital Presence Platform offers an integrated set of cloud-based Software as a Service (SaaS) applications, which allows organizations to optimize all aspects of their online digital presence across Web, mobile, social, and large screen channels. Orchestrate leverages Limelight's scalable, high-performance global network to offer advanced features for: Web content management; website personalization; content targeting; online video publishing; mobile enablement and monetization; content delivery; transcoding; and cloud storage – combined with social media integration and powerful analytics. Limelight's team of digital presence experts helps organizations streamline processes and optimize business results across all customer interaction channels to deliver exceptional multi-screen experiences, improve brand awareness, drive revenue, and enhance their customer relationships – all while reducing costs. For more information, please visit www.limelight.com.
CONTACT: Media contact: Chris Drago 510-984-6321 firstname.lastname@example.org