Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model. NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Hertz Global Holdings (NYSE: HTZ) has been reiterated by TheStreet Ratings as a buy with a ratings score of B. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 1.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 24.3%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- HERTZ GLOBAL HOLDINGS INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, HERTZ GLOBAL HOLDINGS INC increased its bottom line by earning $0.54 versus $0.38 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.91 versus $0.54).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Road & Rail industry. The net income increased by 131.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$56.33 million to $18.00 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 51.13% to $743.60 million when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 8.03%.
- 48.00% is the gross profit margin for HERTZ GLOBAL HOLDINGS INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Despite the strong results of the gross profit margin, HTZ's net profit margin of 0.73% significantly trails the industry average.
--Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff.Exclusive Offer: Jim Cramer's 'go-to' small/mid-cap guru Bryan Ashenberg only buys stocks he thinks could return 50-100%. See his top picks for 14-days FREE.