Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model. NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Assured Guaranty (NYSE: AGO) has been upgraded by TheStreet Ratings from hold to buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, notable return on equity, compelling growth in net income and reasonable valuation levels. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 52.1%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Compared to where it was trading one year ago, AGO is up 81.65% to its most recent closing price of 23.67. Looking ahead, although the push and pull of a bull or bear market could certainly alter the outcome, our view is that this stock's positive fundamentals give it good potential for further appreciation.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company.
- The net income increased by 70.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$483.02 million to -$144.00 million.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff