2. -- The economic calendar in the U.S. Monday includes retail sales for April at 8:30 a.m. EDT, and business inventories for March at 10 a.m.
3. -- U.S. stocks on Friday finished higher as Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke signaled a continuation of monetary support for a U.S. economic recovery. The S&P 500 rose 0.43% to 1,633.70, and gained 1.19% for the week. The Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.2% to 15,118.49. The blue-chip index added 1% for the week. The Nasdaq closed up 0.8% to 3,436.58, rising 1.7% for the week.
4. -- Elan ( ELN) and Theravance ( THRX) reached a $1 billion agreement in which Elan will buy 21% of royalties that Theravance receives from GlaxoSmithKline ( GSK) for four respiratory drugs. The deal includes Breo Ellipta, a new treatment for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease that received approval from the Food and Drug Administration last week.
5. -- Bloomberg said it has corrected a "mistake" in its news-gathering policies and cut off its journalists' special access to client log-in activity on the company's trading information terminals after Goldman Sachs complained about the matter last month.
6. -- Jamie Dimon raised the possibility that he might leave JPMorgan Chase ( JPM) if shareholders vote to separate his roles of CEO and chairman, The Wall Street Journal reported, citing people who attended a private meeting at the bank's headquarters. A final vote on a proposal to split the CEO and chairman roles will be announced May 21 at the company's annual shareholder meeting.
7. -- Cereal company Post Holdings ( POST) is expected by Wall Street to report fiscal second-quarter earnings of 27 cents a share on revenue of $255.7 million.
8. -- Take-Two Interactive Software ( TTWO) is expected by analysts on Monday to post fiscal fourth-quarter earnings of 23 cents a share on revenue of $280.1 million.
10. -- Barbara Walters is expected to announce Monday on "The View" that she will retire from TV journalism next year.
-- Written by Joseph Woelfel >To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.