Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model Seadrill ( SDRL) pushed the Energy industry lower today making it today's featured Energy laggard. The industry as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, Seadrill fell $1.04 (-2.5%) to $39.87 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 3,427,270 shares of Seadrill exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,249,500 shares. The stock ranged in price between $39.79-$40.88 after having opened the day at $40.84 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $40.91. Other companies within the Energy industry that declined today were: Willbros Group ( WG), down 20.6%, KiOR ( KIOR), down 10.3%, Laredo Petroleum Holdings ( LPI), down 7.1% and Mexco Energy Corporation ( MXC), down 6.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protege, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Seadrill Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.