Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model People's United Financial ( PBCT) pushed the Banking industry lower today making it today's featured Banking laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.1%. By the end of trading, People's United Financial fell $0.16 (-1.1%) to $13.52 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 5,057,547 shares of People's United Financial exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,172,400 shares. The stock ranged in price between $13.43-$13.64 after having opened the day at $13.62 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $13.68. Other companies within the Banking industry that declined today were: Patriot National Bancorp ( PNBK), down 12.2%, Atlantic Coast Financial ( ACFC), down 11.6%, C&F Financial Corporation ( CFFI), down 4.3% and Webster Financial ( WBS), down 3.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protege, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full People's United Financial Ratings Report.
- Use our banking section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.