NEW YORK, May 7, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- New York Mortgage Trust, Inc. (Nasdaq:NYMT) ("NYMT," the "Company," "we," "our" or "us") today reported results for the three months ended March 31, 2013. Summary of First Quarter 2013:
- Net income attributable to common stockholders of $15.4 million, representing basic income per common share of $0.31, as compared to net income attributable to common stockholders of $5.8 million and basic income per common share of $0.42 for the quarter ended March 31, 2012.
- Net interest income rose to $13.1 million, an increase of $6.8 million from the same period in the prior year and an increase of $1.6 million from the previous quarter.
- Portfolio net interest margin was 348 basis points, an increase of 15 basis points from the previous quarter.
- Declared first quarter dividend of $0.27 per common share that was paid on April 25, 2013.
- Book value per common share of $6.55, as compared to $6.50 per common share at December 31, 2012.