HONOLULU, May 6, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Hawaiian Telcom Holdco, Inc. (Nasdaq:HCOM) reported financial results for its first quarter ended March 31. The highlights are as follows:
- Revenue totaled $96.0 million, resulting in Adjusted EBITDA (1) of $29.2 million, up 2.0 percent from the same period a year ago.
- Generated net income of $1.8 million, or $0.17 per diluted share for the quarter, its tenth consecutive quarter of profitability.
- Consumer revenue increased 2.1 percent year-over-year to $34.6 million, driven by growth in video and high-speed Internet ("HSI") revenue of $1.7 million and $0.6 million, respectively.
- Enabled a record 18,000 households in the quarter increasing its total to 83,000 households enabled.
- Hawaiian Telcom TV subscribers more than tripled over the past year to approximately 11,700 resulting in penetration of approximately 14 percent of households enabled.
- Added approximately 1,700 HSI consumer and business subscribers, ending the quarter with approximately 109,300 subscribers, up 4.7 percent year-over-year.