Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model Vertex Pharmaceuticals ( VRTX) pushed the Drugs industry lower today making it today's featured Drugs laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.5%. By the end of trading, Vertex Pharmaceuticals fell $1.73 (-2.2%) to $75.99 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 3,743,438 shares of Vertex Pharmaceuticals exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,331,900 shares. The stock ranged in price between $74.61-$79.41 after having opened the day at $75.90 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $77.72. Other companies within the Drugs industry that declined today were: Delcath Systems ( DCTH), down 42.0%, Aoxing Pharmaceutical Company ( AXN), down 16.0%, Sangamo BioSciences ( SGMO), down 10.3% and Arena Pharmaceuticals ( ARNA), down 9.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protege, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Vertex Pharmaceuticals Ratings Report.
- Use our drugs section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.