- GRMN has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 2.79, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The gross profit margin for GARMIN LTD is rather high; currently it is at 54.30%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 16.66% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- Despite the weak revenue results, GRMN has outperformed against the industry average of 23.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 4.4%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to $59.36 million or 51.43% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite a decrease in cash flow GARMIN LTD is still fairing well by exceeding its industry average cash flow growth rate of -97.15%.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Household Durables industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, GARMIN LTD has underperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has exceeded that of the S&P 500.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
Exclusive Offer: Jim Cramer's 'go-to' small/mid-cap guru Bryan Ashenberg only buys stocks he thinks could return 50-100% See his top picks for 14-days FREE.