Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model Qualcomm ( QCOM) pushed the Telecommunications industry higher today making it today's featured telecommunications winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.1%. By the end of trading, Qualcomm rose $0.97 (1.6%) to $62.89 on average volume. Throughout the day, 15,089,304 shares of Qualcomm exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 12,318,100 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $61.93-$63.01 after having opened the day at $62.14 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $61.92. Other companies within the Telecommunications industry that increased today were: WPCS International ( WPCS), up 23.3%, Iridium Communications ( IRDM), up 11.1%, Net Element International ( NETE), up 10.6% and TeleCommunication Systems ( TSYS), up 8.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protege, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Qualcomm Ratings Report.
- Use our telecommunications section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.