Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model Sherwin-Williams Company ( SHW) pushed the Industrial Goods sector higher today making it today's featured industrial goods winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 1.6%. By the end of trading, Sherwin-Williams Company rose $3.03 (1.7%) to $184.13 on light volume. Throughout the day, 491,391 shares of Sherwin-Williams Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 782,000 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $181.77-$184.69 after having opened the day at $181.92 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $181.10. Other companies within the Industrial Goods sector that increased today were: Tower International ( TOWR), up 17.6%, Metalico ( MEA), up 13.3%, Tutor Perini ( TPC), up 11.9% and Ballard Power Systems ( BLDP), up 11.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protege, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Sherwin-Williams Company Ratings Report.
- Use our industrial goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.