JACKSONVILLE, Fla., May 2, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Body Central Corp. (Nasdaq:BODY) today announced financial results for the first quarter of 2013. Highlights for the first quarter ended March 30, 2013:
- Net revenues for the quarter decreased 1.5% to $81.4 million, compared to $82.7 million for the first quarter of 2012.
- Store sales rose 2.4% to $72.6 million driven by a net increase of 36 stores over the same quarter last year offset by a comparable-store sales decrease of 10.2%.
- Income from operations was $3.9 million as compared to $9.5 million for the quarter in 2012.
- Net income was $2.7 million, or $0.17 per diluted share based on 16.3 million weighted average shares outstanding. Net income for the first quarter of 2012 was $5.9 million, or $0.36 per diluted share based on 16.4 million weighted average shares outstanding.
- The Company opened 5 new stores and closed 2 stores during the first quarter and operated 279 stores as of March 30, 2013.