BURLINGTON, Mass., May 2, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Palomar Medical Technologies, Inc. (Nasdaq:PMTI), a global leader in laser and other light-based systems for aesthetic treatments, today announced financial results for the first quarter ended March 31, 2013. First Quarter 201 3 Year-Over-Year Financial Highlights Include:
- Execution of definitive agreement to be acquired by Cynosure, Inc.
- Professional product revenues of $17.3 million, up 46%
- North America professional product revenues of $8.1 million, up 20%
- International professional product revenues of $9.2 million, up 80%
- Loss from operations of $0.9 million, which includes $1.2 million of expenses related to the Cynosure acquisition, compared to 2012 loss from operations of $2.3 million
- Cash and investments portfolio of $100.8 million