Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model Symantec ( SYMC) pushed the Technology sector lower today making it today's featured Technology laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, Symantec fell $0.29 (-1.2%) to $24.30 on average volume. Throughout the day, 9,345,593 shares of Symantec exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 7,641,200 shares. The stock ranged in price between $21.93-$24.54 after having opened the day at $24.48 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $24.59. Other companies within the Technology sector that declined today were: Winland Electronics ( WELX), down 99.0%, Nuance Communications ( NUAN), down 18.3%, Zoom Technologies ( ZOOM), down 17.0% and Alpha & Omega Semiconductor ( AOSL), down 15.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protege, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Symantec Ratings Report.
- Use our technology section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.