Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model General Mills ( GIS) pushed the Food & Beverage industry higher today making it today's featured food & beverage winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.3%. By the end of trading, General Mills rose $0.53 (1.1%) to $50.21 on light volume. Throughout the day, 2,799,333 shares of General Mills exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4,051,200 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $49.70-$50.30 after having opened the day at $49.70 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $49.68. Other companies within the Food & Beverage industry that increased today were: Central European Distribution ( CEDC), up 8.3%, Crumbs Bake Shop ( CRMB), up 8.1%, Lifeway Foods ( LWAY), up 4.9% and Chiquita Brands International ( CQB), up 4.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protege, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full General Mills Ratings Report.
- Use our food & beverage section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.