COLUMBUS, Ohio, April 29, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Bravo Brio Restaurant Group, Inc. (Nasdaq:BBRG) (the Company) owner and operator of the BRAVO! Cucina Italiana (BRAVO!) and BRIO Tuscan Grille (BRIO) restaurant concepts, today reported financial results for the thirteen weeks ended March 31, 2013. In addition, the Company reaffirmed its 2013 outlook. Selected First Quarter 2013 Highlights Compared to the First Quarter 2012 Include the Following:
- Revenues increased 4.8% to $103.1 million from $98.4 million.
- Total comparable restaurant sales decreased 2.5%, largely due to a 2.0% decrease related to the calendar shift in the first quarter of 2013.
- Comparable restaurant sales decreased 1.6% at BRAVO! and 3.2% at BRIO.
- Restaurant-level operating profit decreased 3.7% to $16.6 million from $17.2 million.
- Net income was $3.4 million, or $0.17 per diluted share, compared to net income of $3.8 million, or $0.18 per diluted share.