PASCAGOULA, Miss., April 29, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Huntington Ingalls Industries (NYSE:HII) announced today that its Ingalls Shipbuilding division has received a Platinum Award in the American Heart Association's Fit-Friendly Worksite program. This is the highest level recognized by the AHA for companies that demonstrate progressive leadership in making the health and wellness of their employees a priority.
- Offer employees physical activity options in the workplace
- Increase healthy eating options at the worksite
- Promote a wellness culture in the workplace
- Implement at least nine criteria outlined by the AHA in the areas of physical activity, nutrition and culture
- Demonstrate measurable outcomes related to workplace wellness