Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model Altera ( ALTR) pushed the Technology sector lower today making it today's featured Technology laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 1.8%. By the end of trading, Altera fell $1.73 (-5.2%) to $31.20 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 7,779,770 shares of Altera exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,380,700 shares. The stock ranged in price between $30.88-$32.30 after having opened the day at $31.81 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $32.93. Other companies within the Technology sector that declined today were: Deltathree ( DDDC), down 25.0%, Ikanos Communications ( IKAN), down 19.6%, ChinaNet Online Holdings ( CNET), down 17.5% and FalconStor Software ( FALC), down 17.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protege, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Altera Ratings Report.
- Use our technology section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.