Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model Vulcan Materials Company ( VMC) pushed the Materials & Construction industry lower today making it today's featured Materials & Construction laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.2%. By the end of trading, Vulcan Materials Company fell $0.90 (-1.9%) to $46.52 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 1,049,102 shares of Vulcan Materials Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 658,100 shares. The stock ranged in price between $45.86-$47.36 after having opened the day at $47.36 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $47.42. Other companies within the Materials & Construction industry that declined today were: Guanwei Recycling ( GPRC), down 6.6%, Heckmann ( HEK), down 4.8%, Empresas ICA S.A.B. de C.V ( ICA), down 4.4% and Industrial Services of America ( IDSA), down 3.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protege, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Vulcan Materials Company Ratings Report.
- Use our materials & construction section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.