Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model Polaris Industries ( PII) pushed the Automotive industry lower today making it today's featured Automotive laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.4%. By the end of trading, Polaris Industries fell $0.89 (-1.0%) to $86.00 on light volume. Throughout the day, 634,702 shares of Polaris Industries exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 929,400 shares. The stock ranged in price between $85.69-$87.12 after having opened the day at $86.57 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $86.89. Other companies within the Automotive industry that declined today were: Strattec Security Corporation ( STRT), down 7.4%, Motorcar Parts of America ( MPAA), down 4.0%, Federal-Mogul ( FDML), down 3.4% and Federal Signal ( FSS), down 3.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protege, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Polaris Industries Ratings Report.
- Use our automotive section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.