CLEARWATER, Fla., April 26, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Tech Data Corporation (Nasdaq:TECD), a leading distributor of IT products and services, today announced that Pete Peterson, the company's senior vice president, U.S. Sales, has received the 2013 Florida Multicultural Leadership Award. The award was presented to Peterson by the Florida Diversity Council earlier this month at the Diversity and Leadership Conference in Orlando. "We are proud to recognize Pete for being named the recipient of the 2013 Florida Multicultural Leadership Award," said Murray Wright, president, the Americas at Tech Data. "Pete not only leads our U.S. sales team at Tech Data, but he also serves as the executive sponsor of our Diversity and Inclusion Council, dedicating his time and efforts to ensure we have a strong foundation in fostering an inclusive environment for our employees. We congratulate Pete on this honor." Criteria to be considered for the award include:
- Demonstrates leadership excellence in the public and/or private sectors
- Sustains a record of accomplishments and/or contributions to field of work throughout scope of his/her career
- Demonstrates leadership characteristics in community/or high visibility in the community
- Retains commendable reputation with colleagues and superiors
- Exhibits and demonstrates a commitment to the highest ethical standards and professional excellence
About Tech DataTech Data Corporation (Nasdaq:TECD) is one of the world's largest wholesale distributors of technology products. Its advanced logistics capabilities and value added services enable 120,000 resellers in more than 100 countries to efficiently and cost effectively support the diverse technology needs of end users. To learn more, visit www.techdata.com.
CONTACT: MEDIA CONTACT Amanda Little Public Relations Manager (727) 538-5803 email@example.com