Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model Reliance Steel and Aluminum ( RS) pushed the Industrial Goods sector lower today making it today's featured Industrial Goods laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.8%. By the end of trading, Reliance Steel and Aluminum fell $2.55 (-3.8%) to $64.49 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 2,034,416 shares of Reliance Steel and Aluminum exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 602,000 shares. The stock ranged in price between $59.44-$68.87 after having opened the day at $65.43 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $67.04. Other companies within the Industrial Goods sector that declined today were: Exide Technologies ( XIDE), down 23.9%, China BAK Battery ( CBAK), down 12.4%, Intellicheck Mobilisa ( IDN), down 7.5% and GreenHunter Energy ( GRH), down 6.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protege, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Reliance Steel and Aluminum Ratings Report.
- Use our industrial goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.