Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model Potash Corporation of Saskatchewan ( POT) pushed the Basic Materials sector higher today making it today's featured basic materials winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.9%. By the end of trading, Potash Corporation of Saskatchewan rose $1.21 (3.0%) to $40.84 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 6,313,250 shares of Potash Corporation of Saskatchewan exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,951,300 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $40.08-$41.05 after having opened the day at $40.10 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $39.63. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that increased today were: Global Geophysical Services ( GGS), up 74.8%, GeoPetro Resources Company ( GPR), up 18.6%, Rubicon Minerals ( RBY), up 17.3% and Cliffs Natural Resources ( CLF), up 15.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protege, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Potash Corporation of Saskatchewan Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.