HAMBURG, N.Y., April 24, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Evans Bancorp, Inc. (the "Company" or "Evans") (NYSE MKT:EVBN), a community financial services company serving Western New York since 1920, today reported its results of operations for the first quarter ended March 31, 2013. SUMMARY OF THE 2013 FIRST QUARTER
- First quarter net interest income of $6.8 million was comparable with the prior year period.
- Provision for loan losses of $450 thousand is a return to a more normalized level after a $249 thousand release of provision in 2012.
- First quarter net income was $1.8 million, or $0.43 per diluted share, compared with $2.4 million, or $0.58 per diluted share, in the first quarter of 2012.
- The ratio of non-performing loans and leases to total loans and leases decreased from 2.09% to 1.37% year-over-year.
- Total deposits increased $48.6 million, or 7.5%, over 2012 first quarter, driven by continued growth in savings and transactional deposits.
- Strong capital position with Total Risk-Based Capital ratio of 15.28% at March 31, 2013.