Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model Barrick Gold Corporation ( ABX) pushed the Metals & Mining industry lower today making it today's featured Metals & Mining laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.7%. By the end of trading, Barrick Gold Corporation fell $0.42 (-2.3%) to $17.59 on average volume. Throughout the day, 21,304,211 shares of Barrick Gold Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 14,415,900 shares. The stock ranged in price between $17.53-$18.03 after having opened the day at $17.83 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $18.01. Other companies within the Metals & Mining industry that declined today were: Kimber Resources ( KBX), down 24.9%, Lake Shore Gold ( LSG), down 8.1%, Alexco Resource ( AXU), down 8.0% and Silver Bull Resources ( SVBL), down 7.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protege, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Barrick Gold Corporation Ratings Report.
- Use our metals & mining section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.