Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model Exxon Mobil Corporation ( XOM) pushed the Energy industry higher today making it today's featured energy winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.9%. By the end of trading, Exxon Mobil Corporation rose $1.21 (1.4%) to $89.30 on average volume. Throughout the day, 15,394,310 shares of Exxon Mobil Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 12,995,900 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $87.94-$89.49 after having opened the day at $88.39 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $88.09. Other companies within the Energy industry that increased today were: Houston American Energy Corporation ( HUSA), up 9.2%, Harvest Natural Resources ( HNR), up 8.3%, Global Geophysical Services ( GGS), up 7.7% and Whiting USA Trust I ( WHX), up 7.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protege, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Exxon Mobil Corporation Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.