PALO ALTO, Calif., April 23, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Jive Software, Inc. (Nasdaq:JIVE) unveiled its most innovative technology to date in the Spring cloud release, available this week. With this release, organizations can create virtual work spaces within Jive, called Purposeful Places, that deeply integrate with salesforce.com and Box to help sales teams close deals faster and marketing departments build more effective campaigns. In addition, businesses can now take advantage of new capabilities called Structured Outcomes that drive conversations and collaboration around specific business goals and actions at speeds not possible in traditional email and other social systems. "Let's face it – work is simply not working for most people and businesses today," said Tony Zingale, chairman and CEO of Jive Software. "It's time we re-imagine productivity and break out of old systems like email that bog us down. With these new capabilities, including bi-directional integration with Box, salesforce.com and Chatter, Jive is now THE collaboration and communication hub in the enterprise cloud." Already proven to increase productivity by up to 15 percent and topline revenue by up to 4 percent*, the Jive Spring cloud release focuses on taking social collaboration to the next level through several new technology innovations, including: Purposeful Places: Transforms generic collaboration into purpose-driven collaboration Purposeful Places brings together people, content, and information in intelligent collaboration areas optimized around specific business activities to produce tangible outcomes. The creation and sharing of Purposeful Places allows people to create workflows that are specific to their needs and align to best practices, but are available in a modern social business platform that breaks the reliance on old-school email and traditional corporate intranets. Specific Purposeful Places designed around key sales and marketing activities include:
- The Deal Room has been pre-configured so that sales teams and subject matter experts can come together in a centralized place to share RFPs, contracts and drive deals. In addition, the Deal Room connects salesforce.com into Jive, allowing the Chatter stream and records within salesforce.com to be available in Jive and any interaction inside Jive's platform to be reflected in salesforce.com automatically. Through this integration people within marketing, legal, management and finance who don't necessarily have access to salesforce.com can collaborate on specific deals and have access to all the information, documents and streams.
- The Campaign Room is designed to aid marketers in building campaigns where participants in any geography can collaborate around calendars, events, and content. In this specific place, Jive has created a deep integration with Box so that large, high-resolution files and campaign assets like advertisements, videos and collateral can be stored in Box but used and shared inside Jive.
- Tiles are configurable components that can be added to a Purposeful Place to display conversations, information and documents from within Jive or other systems like salesforce.com and Box.
- Stream Integrations merge activities from an external stream (such Chatter) with the Jive activity stream – allowing people to follow all the pertinent information for a specific business activity in a single place.
Structured Outcomes: Turns conversations into actionWith Structured Outcomes, Jive takes everyday workplace conversations and converts them into actionable activities that drive rapid business results. Structured Outcomes makes it easy to move from discussion to execution, so people can collaborate while reducing repetitive meetings and endless emails threads. With Structured Outcomes:
- Discussion topics can be identified and turned into actions that can be tracked.
- Teams can easily highlight the responsible owner for the action.
- Individuals can escalate via mobile devices.
- Teams can easily see discussions that are still open and awaiting resolution.
- Box: As first announced at JiveWorld 2012, the Jive/Box integrated experience is now available, offering people seamlessly connected best-of-breed applications that come together to make it easier for people to get work done. More information about this announcement can be found here. https://community.jivesoftware.com/community/newsroom/blog/2013/04/23/jive-and-box-tagteam-to-extend-social-collaboration-and-content-access-in-the-cloud
- Salesforce.com: Jive has created out-of-the-box integrations with salesforce.com that can display account, opportunity information and relevant Chatter updates directly in a Jive Deal Room. Sales reps can also directly interact with Jive from within salesforce.com.
- Cloud-based integrations: The Jive Spring cloud release contains enhanced APIs and tools to enable a broad set of integrations with other cloud-based systems. These APIs also allow IT departments to create their own specific integrations to connect to Jive.
Jive Spring cloud release is available now for purchase and use across all Jive data centers in Phoenix, Arizona and in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. All existing Jive cloud customers will have immediate access to features. For more information, please visit www.jivesoftware.com or the Jive News Blog here.For an asset to accompany this release click here: http://media.globenewswire.com/cache/18169/file/19230.pdf About Jive Software Jive Software ( JIVE) is a leader in social business. Our cloud-based platform connects employees, customers and partners and is a proven system, focused on value use cases, that, according to research performed by a top three global business consultancy firm, increases productivity within companies by up to 15%*. By combining the power of cloud, mobile, big data and proprietary collaboration technologies, Jive is transforming the way work gets done and unleashing productivity, creativity and innovation for millions of people in many of the world's largest companies. For a free trial of Jive's next-generation social business platform, please visit Try Jive. * Source: Top three global business consultancy research; November 2012
CONTACT: Media Contacts: Jason Khoury Jive Software (650) 319-1938 email@example.com