Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model WPX Energy Inc A ( WPX) pushed the Energy industry lower today making it today's featured Energy laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.7%. By the end of trading, WPX Energy Inc A fell $0.36 (-2.2%) to $16.02 on light volume. Throughout the day, 2,129,961 shares of WPX Energy Inc A exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,337,400 shares. The stock ranged in price between $15.68-$16.40 after having opened the day at $16.28 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $16.38. Other companies within the Energy industry that declined today were: GeoPetro Resources Company ( GPR), down 14.3%, Andatee China Marine Fuel Services Corporat ( AMCF), down 8.8%, Barnwell Industries ( BRN), down 7.1% and Houston American Energy Corporation ( HUSA), down 5.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protege, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full WPX Energy Inc A Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.