Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model Steel Dynamics ( STLD) pushed the Basic Materials sector lower today making it today's featured Basic Materials laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.7%. By the end of trading, Steel Dynamics fell $0.18 (-1.2%) to $14.19 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,743,204 shares of Steel Dynamics exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,795,600 shares. The stock ranged in price between $13.90-$14.39 after having opened the day at $14.37 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $14.37. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that declined today were: GeoPetro Resources Company ( GPR), down 14.3%, Harry Winston Diamond ( HWD), down 11.0%, China Shen Zhou Mining & Resources ( SHZ), down 10.0% and Timberline Resources Corporation ( TLR), down 9.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protege, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Steel Dynamics Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.