- First-quarter net income to common shareholders of $413 million, or 46 cents a share.
- Earnings beat the consensus EPS estimate of 39 cents.
- Excluding special items, first-quarter EPS drops slightly to 44 cents.
- Average commercial and industrial loans grow 6% sequentially.
- Mortgage banking revenue drops 15% from Q4.
- Expenses drop 16% from Q4, when the company paid $87 million, or 9 cents a share after tax, to repay FHLB debt.
- Net interest margin down to 3.42% in Q1, from 3.49% the previous quarter and 3.56% a year earlier.
Interested in more on Fifth Third Bancorp? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock. -- Written by Philip van Doorn in Jupiter, Fla. >Contact by Email. Follow @PhilipvanDoorn