WINONA, Minn., April 10, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The Fastenal Company of Winona, MN (Nasdaq:FAST) reported the results of the quarter ended March 31, 2013. Except for per share information, or as otherwise noted below, dollar amounts are stated in thousands.
|Net sales||$ 806,326||768,875||4.9%|
|Daily sales||$ 12,799||12,014||6.5%|
|Pre-tax earnings||$ 175,172||161,129||8.7%|
|% of sales||21.7%||21.0%|
|Net earnings||$ 109,048||100,194||8.8%|
|Net earnings per share (basic)||$ 0.37||0.34||8.8%|
- Monthly sales changes, sequential trends, and end market performance – a recap of our recent sales trends and some insight into the activities with different end markets.
- Growth drivers of our business – a recap of how we grow our business.
- Profit drivers of our business – a recap of how we increase our profits.
- Statement of earnings information – a recap of the components of our income statement.
- Operational working capital, balance sheet, and cash flow – a recap of the operational working capital utilized in our business, and the related cash flow.