To further spur baseball fans' enthusiasm when a no-hitter is in progress, the promotion will leverage multiple digital platforms. Beginning when a no-hitter is in progress through the sixth inning of any game, which has happened on average once per week since 1999, fans will be encouraged to follow the #DomiNoNo with live video on MLB.com and the award-winning MLB.com At Bat mobile app, social activity from @MLB on Twitter and up-to-the-moment game alerts. The promotion is part of a larger media package between Domino's and MLBAM that will see the pizza company's ads featured on several MLBAM digital media properties.Other diamond facts:
- It would take 308 pizzas lined up to cover the distance around the bases of a Major League Baseball diamond. That's one delicious home run.
- There's a Domino's Pizza within 4.5 miles of every Major League Baseball stadium, and more than half of those stores are within 1.5 miles.
- Domino's delivery experts drive about 1.4 million miles a day – that's more than 19 million trips around the base paths.
- The last season without a no-hitter was 2005.
- With six, April 27 boasts the most no-hitters thrown on any single date.
- April 4, 2001, was the earliest a no-hitter was thrown in a season.