REDWOOD CITY, Calif., April 9, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Support.com, Inc. (Nasdaq:SPRT), a leading provider of cloud-based technology services and software designed to create new revenue streams and improve customer experience, today announced the release of Cosmos 3.0, the latest version of Support.com's all-in-one system care application for Windows ® PCs and Windows 8 tablets. Cosmos includes 24 system optimization and maintenance tools to keep Windows-based devices healthy, protected and free of clutter. The expanded feature set in Cosmos 3.0 includes:
- A new Network Scanner Tool that automatically detects devices connected to the customer's network and provides one-click access to the router, simplifying management of the home network.
- Expanded Baseline Security scans, covering more applications and additional Privacy Cleaner scans and automated fixes for enhanced security and privacy.
- User interface enhancements for ease of use, an enhanced customer experience and Windows 8 tablet devices.
In addition to new features, Cosmos is designed to maintain and optimize the performance of Windows PCs and Windows 8 tablet devices. Cosmos includes modules that:
- Optimize: Cosmos' comprehensive Health Scan identifies potential problems and provides automated fixes. Additional Cosmos modules scan for, identify and help remove large or duplicate files, as well as remove unnecessary programs from the startup process, to reduce system overhead.
- Protect: Cosmos provides tools to: shred sensitive files, remove traces of personal information from Internet browsers and instant messenger applications, and password protect files and folders for enhanced privacy.
- Detect and Repair: Cosmos scans and fixes common problems, including system registry errors. Cosmos also provides diagnostic information on system performance and connected network devices.
- Clean: Cosmos identifies and removes temporary files and Internet browser traces to maximize available disk space, and removes duplicate or orphaned entries from the system registry.
- Backup: Cosmos includes data backup and restore tools for protecting system and user files, and provides an undelete feature that can aid in the recovery of inadvertently removed files.
Safe Harbor StatementThis release contains "forward-looking statements" as defined under the U.S. Federal Securities Laws, including the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 and is subject to the safe harbors created by such laws. Forward-looking statements may relate to, but are not limited to, market and consumer activity, supported devices, the features available in, and the potential benefits to be derived from products and solutions, and the release dates, plans and market acceptance of such products and solutions. Such forward-looking statements are based on current expectations that involve a number of uncertainties and risks that may cause actual events or results to differ materially including, among others, Support.com's ability to predict revenue and control expenses, shifts in customer demand, shifts in strategic relationships, delays in Support.com's ability to deliver its products and services, software errors, or announcements by competitors. These and other risks may be detailed from time to time in Support.com periodic reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including, but not limited to, its latest Annual Report on Form 10-K and its latest Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q, copies of which may be obtained from www.sec.gov . Support.com is under no obligation to update its forward-looking statements. Information contained in our website is not incorporated by reference in, or made part of this press release.
CONTACT: Media Contact Seth Geisler Martin Levy Public Relations, Inc. (858) 610-9860 email@example.com