- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, SEAC's share price has jumped by 39.25%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock despite its gains in the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Software industry. The net income increased by 41.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $0.41 million to $0.58 million.
- The gross profit margin for SEACHANGE INTERNATIONAL INC is rather high; currently it is at 53.70%. Regardless of SEAC's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, SEAC's net profit margin of 1.47% is significantly lower than the industry average.
- SEACHANGE INTERNATIONAL INC has exprienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past year. However, the consensus estimate suggests that this trend should reverse in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, SEACHANGE INTERNATIONAL INC swung to a loss, reporting -$0.06 versus $0.92 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.40 versus -$0.06).
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Software industry and the overall market, SEACHANGE INTERNATIONAL INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
It's Official: Action Alerts PLUS beats the S&P 500 with Dividends Reinvested! Cramer and Link were up 16.72% in 2012. Were you? See what they are trading for 14-days FREE.