- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 11.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 12.3%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- CEDU has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. To add to this, CEDU has a quick ratio of 2.20, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- The gross profit margin for CHINAEDU CORP -ADR is rather high; currently it is at 60.40%. Regardless of CEDU's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, CEDU's net profit margin of 11.13% compares favorably to the industry average.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. In comparison to the other companies in the Diversified Consumer Services industry and the overall market, CHINAEDU CORP -ADR's return on equity is significantly below that of the industry average and is below that of the S&P 500.
- CEDU has underperformed the S&P 500 Index, declining 9.16% from its price level of one year ago. Turning toward the future, the fact that the stock has come down in price over the past year should not necessarily be interpreted as a negative; it could be one of the factors that may help make the stock attractive down the road. Right now, however, we believe that it is too soon to buy.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
It's Official: Action Alerts PLUS beats the S&P 500 with Dividends Reinvested! Cramer and Link were up 16.72% in 2012. Were you? See what they are trading for 14-days FREE.