Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model. NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Coleman Cable (Nasdaq: CCIX) has been upgraded by TheStreet Ratings from hold to buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 0.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 12.9%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 375.00% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 41.80% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, CCIX should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- COLEMAN CABLE INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, COLEMAN CABLE INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.34 versus $1.00 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.53 versus $1.34).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Electrical Equipment industry. The net income increased by 392.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $1.36 million to $6.69 million.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $33.18 million or 9.45% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, COLEMAN CABLE INC's cash flow growth rate is still lower than the industry average growth rate of 46.49%.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff