- EGY has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 3.22, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $49.16 million or 39.47% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 20.33%.
- The gross profit margin for VAALCO ENERGY INC is currently very high, coming in at 83.70%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -35.32% is in-line with the industry average.
- Despite any intermediate fluctuations, we have only bad news to report on this stock's performance over the last year: it has tumbled by 28.30%, worse than the S&P 500's performance. Consistent with the plunge in the stock price, the company's earnings per share are down 313.33% compared to the year-earlier quarter. Despite the heavy decline in its share price, this stock is still more expensive (when compared to its current earnings) than most other companies in its industry.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry and the overall market, VAALCO ENERGY INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
It's Official: Action Alerts PLUS beats the S&P 500 with Dividends Reinvested! Cramer and Link were up 16.72% in 2012. Were you? See what they are trading for 14-days FREE.