MCLEAN, Va., April 4, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Lightbridge Corporation (Nasdaq:LTBR), a leading innovator of next generation nuclear fuel designs and provider of nuclear energy consulting services to commercial and governmental organizations, today announced that the Company's annual meeting of shareholders is scheduled for 11 a.m. EDT Thursday, April 18, 2013 at the offices of Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP, 2300 N Street, Washington, D.C. Shareholders of record at the close of business on February 19, 2013 will be asked to re-elect five incumbent members of the Lightbridge board of directors; ratify the Company's independent auditing firm Anderson Bradshaw PLLC for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2013; and to cast nonbinding, advisory votes on overall compensation of the Company's executive officers, pursuant to the "say on pay" provisions of the Dodd-Frank Act of 2010. The Lightbridge Corporation proxy statement with voting instructions and recommendations was filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on March 4, 2013. After the business portion of the meeting, Lightbridge President and Chief Executive Officer Seth Grae will present a corporate update on Company operations, financial performance and strategic direction. There are several ways to listen to or participate in the webcast and presentation if investors do not attend the event in person.
- To listen online to the business meeting and corporate presentation click on http://ir.ltbridge.com/eventdetail.cfm?eventid=125062 a few minutes before 11 a.m.
- To listen and ask live questions, call 253-237-1189 or 877-440-7549.
- To listen only, dial 877-670-9783 or 970-315-0421.
- Questions for Lightbridge executive management also may be submitted in writing before or during the meeting to email@example.com. All questions will be read aloud and answered during the call.
- An audio replay of the meeting will be available online for one year beginning later that day.