Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model. Reynolds American ( RAI) pushed the Tobacco industry lower today making it today's featured Tobacco laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1%. By the end of trading, Reynolds American fell 49 cents (-1.1%) to $44.25 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2.3 million shares of Reynolds American exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.4 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $44.17-$44.84 after having opened the day at $44.76 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $44.74. Another company within the Tobacco industry that decreased today was Alliance One International ( AOI), down 2.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Reynolds American Ratings Report.
- Use our tobacco section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.