Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model. Citigroup ( C) pushed the Financial sector lower today making it today's featured Financial laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day down 1%. By the end of trading, Citigroup fell $1.61 (-3.6%) to $42.50 on average volume. Throughout the day, 47.6 million shares of Citigroup exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 32.8 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $42.20-$44.10 after having opened the day at $43.97 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $44.11. Other companies within the Financial sector that declined today were: Credit Suisse ( UOIL), down 21.1%, Independent Bank Corp (Ionia MI ( IBCP), down 12.2%, Consumer Portfolio Services ( CPSS), down 11.4%, and Broadway Financial ( BYFC), down 11%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Citigroup Ratings Report.
- Use our financial section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.