Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model. Marathon Petroleum ( MPC) pushed the Energy industry lower today making it today's featured Energy laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.8%. By the end of trading, Marathon Petroleum fell $4.35 (-4.8%) to $85.48 on average volume. Throughout the day, 4.3 million shares of Marathon Petroleum exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.5 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $84.76-$90.54 after having opened the day at $90.37 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $89.83. Other companies within the Energy industry that declined today were: Saratoga Resources ( SARA), down 11.2%, Dejour Energy ( DEJ), down 10.8%, Alon USA Partners ( ALDW), down 8.9%, and Northern Tier Energy LP Class A ( NTI), down 8.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Marathon Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.